OIL: THE FIRST PRODUCTION WELL OF SANGOMAR DRILLED WITH "SUCCESS" (PETROSEN)

Par ediallo - 13 September, 2021 - 22:34

The drilling operations of the first horizontal development well of the Sangomar field have been successfully completed, announced the Senegalese Oil Company (PETROSEN).

On its Facebook page, the Senegalese oil company said that "modern and innovative technologies" were used during the drilling operations and that the "results are above expectations".

It points out that the S540 oil reservoir was traversed over a net length of about 500 m at a depth of about 2,600 m TVD.

The first barrel of oil from the Sangomar field, whose drilling campaign began on June 30, is expected in 2023, with a projection of 100,000 barrels per day during the first phase of exploitation, announced in mid-August Sheikh Guèye, Woodside Energy's Deputy Country Manager in Senegal.

Woodside and PETROSEN, the Senegalese oil company, are partners in the exploitation of the Sangomar deposit, discovered in 2014 100 km south of Dakar. It contains both oil and gas.

Woodside's interest in the Rufisque Offshore Sangomar Offshore and Sangomar Deep Offshore (RSSD) joint venture is 82% for the Sangomar development area (with an 18% interest for PETROSEN) and 90% for the rest of the RSSD appraisal area (with a 10% interest for PETROSEN).

Phase 1 of the Sangomar field development involved the installation of a self-contained floating production, storage and offloading unit (referred to as the Léopold Sédar Senghor FPSO) with a production capacity of approximately 100,000 barrels of crude oil per day, 23 subsea development wells and a subsea infrastructure network.

Woodside is the pioneer of the liquefied natural gas (LNG) industry in Australia and has extensive experience in drilling operations in Australia and internationally.

The Australian company produces 6% of the world's LNG and operates two floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) facilities.

The first barrel of Senegalese oil is expected in 2023, with estimated reserves of about 630 million barrels, from the Sangomar field alone, one of four discoveries in the country.

BHC/OID