Thierno Birahim AW has a PhD in Transport Economics from Ecole des Ponts ParisTech. He has 16 years of professional experience in the field of transport and mobility in urban and regional environments.
He has been in charge, on behalf of the public and private sectors, of conducting complex studies and research, analyzing and presenting strategic recommendations, and assisting public authorities in the implementation of their projects.
This work includes regular interactions with public decision-makers, managers and operational teams and requires a good knowledge of public procurement procedures. Since 2016, he has been Director General of CETUD, which implements the important BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) pilot project on behalf of the Ministry in charge of land transport.
His career :
- 2004-2007: Research fellow then research engineer at the Laboratoire public de recherche Ville Mobilité Transport - Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées - Université Paris Est; PhD thesis on the design and evaluation of land-use and transport scenarios (France). Highest distinction.
- 2004-2014: Lecturer at the Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées for the courses MASYT (Methods of Analysis of Territorial Systems), MOTRA (Transport Demand Modeling), Analysis of Passenger Travel Demand for the Masters TRADD (Transport and Sustainable Development) and STFG (Rail and Guided Transport Systems).
- 2008-2014: Engineer in Transport General and Economic Studies at the SETEC international engineering company in Paris (France).
- 2014-2016: Technical Advisor No. 1 at the Ministry of Infrastructure, Land Transport and Opening-up (Senegal).
- Since September 2016: Director General of the Executive Council of Urban Transport of Dakar - CETUD (Senegal).